School Mission Statement
Mountain Elementary, in shared responsibility with family and
community, is committed to inform, inspire, and empower all students to
become lifetime learners.
School Belief Statement
* Students learn best when teachers, administrators, parents, community and students are engaged in instruction.
* Our school community nurtures mutual respect, diversity, empathy, and positive relationships.
* Students develop a passion for learning and become
independent thinkers and investigators when they have an ownership in
the learning process by participating in authentic tasks.
* Curriculum and instructional practices should enrich the social, physical, intellectual, and emotional needs of the learner.
* Students learn best when they are actively engaged in
their own learning through an integrated curriculum and instructional
practices that incorporate differences in learning styles enabling
students to make connections.
Buncombe County Schools Vision Statement
Preparing all students to realize their potential in a rapidly changing, diverse, global society.